It wasn't about us. Maybe that's why. It was about you, cause there was you. It was about me, cause there was me. It was about everything, everyone but us. Maybe its because there wasn't an us.
Maybe I should have kissed you a bit softer. Maybe I should have left before the mornings would last all afternoon. Maybe if I would have tried to cover the smile--with both hands--you brought upon me when you walked through the door. Maybe if I was less soft, gushy and disgusting with you. Maybe if I didn't adore you. Maybe if I didn't want to grow with you, walk with you. Maybe if I didn't turn around only so you would pull me back in your arms.
Maybe you would have let yourself adore me. Maybe you would have trusted yourself with me. Maybe you wouldn't have fallen to your knees at the thought of us, or more like ran at the sight of an us. Maybe you wouldnt have been scared of me because you were scared of yourself. Maybe you would have loved me with my reading glasses. Maybe you would have seen that my towel was pink. Maybe you would have seen and felt that I am amazing.
Maybe we'd still be. Maybe we'd be us. Maybe we'd be extraordinary.
Now me being the "me" that wanted an "us" with "you"...will still hold on to what reminds me of you..even if its holding onto Fabolous & Tamia (or Ashanti) "So Into You"... cause that's the closest to an us that I know of; maybe will ever know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment