Thursday, October 23, 2008

just remembering

how we'd say goodnight every night. how we'd stay up till the other one would fall asleep first, it'd usually be me. how I'd rub your stomach to wake you up in the middle of the night. how I'd close my eyes as you'd kiss me on my forehead. how I'd feather your arm, from your shoulder to your fingertips, to woo you to sleep. how we'd make room for each other on your couch. didn't want to be an inch away from you, now I am miles away, still wanting to not be an inch away from you. how I'd put my arms up, and you'd slide up my wife-beater. how you'd play with my fingers as I'd lay by you. how you told me I've never looked more beautiful than right there, with you, you in your tank top and me in my red hoodie. how I'd play with your baby hair. how you'd let me sleep as you'd go cut your hair. how you'd walk in, gently lay over me and kiss my cheek. how you were the man I fell for.

some days are easier than others. some days all I pray for is for the permanence of the belief that it was all true, it was natural. please, don't take that away from me. i don't want the memories if they were all a lie...and I want the memories because they re all I have left of you. some days, most days, all I want, all I want to ask you is, can we have one more night of a second chance..then again and again?

No comments: