Sunday, August 10, 2008

A written plea to her

You can stop fighting. You can let go. You can cry, let your tears fall with the night, you've hurt yourself more by fighting. You've returned with open scars, but I've been here, I am here and I'll be here. You can breathe.

I know that someone tainted your innocence, took and advantage of you, all of you, and it wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself for his sins. Forgive him.

I know someone mislead you, betrayed your  freshly discovered trust while undermining your self worth. You tried to save someone from their own demons before strengthening your own will.

I know someone swept you off your feet and left you on your knees. Let Time heal what Reason can't. You fell in love, you've felt the sun from one side, look forward to feeling it from both; it'll be amazing. Let the "us" be an extraordinary love story to one day tell, short but sweet.

Stop guarding a broken heart, open and let it heal. You don't have to defend yourself any longer. You lost yourself once, and became stronger by  not finding yourself but finding the you that you've wanted to become.

Don't allow worldly voices to lure you into begging for something else or more, stewing insecurities. Don't push away the ones that you know won't walk away without a fight, you've worn their shoes before, love them harder as you know how to. Be strong, still be fragile with your vulnerability. Embrace your shadow then detach when morning arises.

You aren't nothing like you were before, they ought to see you know. Let them see you now.

I've been here, I am here, I'll be here. I am you.

1 comment:

Romey said...

Erika, that was so deep. Since we both have insomnia right now, you are me as I am you. That story relates to us.

-Rome