Monday, August 18, 2008

If not today, then when?

It was natural, simple... it was somewhat perfect. And here I am, 46 states away, killing myself softly.  Every word, every moment, every sigh only has me falling all over again. I do it to myself. I fell in love for more than enough reasons, but was left without even one. I fell in love and it felt perfect, only to me it seems.

If I could let go, if I could give up, even in my dreams give up, I just may... but I'm not ready. And I know what you're thinking, if not today, then when? Not today. His taste still lingers on my lips. I still hold out my arms to his size. When my eyes close, I still see his reflection. I still want to fly back, 46 states back, to steal a key that was offered to me months ago. I still want to whisper those three words to him, and if not today, then I just may save those three words for him. 

Maybe I loved him more than he loved me? Maybe it wasn't even close to love for him? Maybe I unraveled before him a little too late? Maybe I'm pleading, searching for love where there may be none left? Maybe I was in this by myself all along? Maybe I was too much but not enough?

I have a feeling though... that he fell. And when he left,  not only did he he leave words unspoken but a broken heart as well. Mine. 

No comments: