Thursday, April 17, 2008
Fool Me
A part of me wants you to pretend, keep pretending. Tell me the feeling is mutual. Offer me a key to your apt. again. Tell me I am too much yet more than enough. Accept me flaws and all, see past my imperfections. Spoon with me, have me dance on top of your tippy-toes again. Lets play house. I'll cook for you still. Take off my wife-beater as I raise my arms. Kiss me on my forehead, my knee, weaken my flesh and nourish my soul. Purify me, simplify me. Kiss me as I start to sing. Keep me happy in your hands....Staple the blindfold, Fool me.
Another part of me wants to ask you to push me farther away. I need these self-doubts to fade. You don't listen to me as I am. Always too much, yet never enough. Re-reading in between the lines before I even whisper them to myself, let alone you. Scheming to win back your heart, when I can't claim what was never in my grasp even mine. Did you meaningfully play me for a fool? Tell me where it went wrong. Talk to me. Look at me in my eyes. Let down your pride, we both know you are purposely pushing me away, are you scared to let yourself fall? To let me in? To not handle me? Taking a step back while pushing me further. How can I look at you and not see myself in your eyes?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment